University life often comes with a price. Tuition fees, accommodation and books are all necessities for students. But you don’t always have to break the bank to get the things you actually want, and there are many, many ways to cut down on your expenses and save money while you’re at Uni. Whether you’re ordering a cheeky takeaway for you and your mates or buying a brand-new laptop it always pays to look for the best deals. As a collective, the student population are big spenders, and all the big retailers and brands are looking for ways to draw you in. So, with a bit of research and knowing exactly what you want, you can make sure you get the best student discounts out there.
We have compiled a list of some of the best student discounts available so you can take advantage of all the benefits they offer.
How can you get the best student discounts?
Some retailers and brands offer their best student discounts direct to all students, with just the need to flash your student ID at the counter or use a uni email address at check-out, however, to get access to some offers you will need to sign up for student discount schemes, some of the best are:
- Student Beans
Anyone with a Student Card can access these best student discounts:
- ASOS – This one really is for everyone, 10% off everything across the huge range of men’s and women’s fashion. You can also take advantage of ‘pay later’ payment options from Klarna.
- Spotify – Students get one month of Spotify Premium for just £1, then pay only £5.99 per month after, which is just shy of half price.
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Whether you’re studying design or have a side hustle as a content creator, you can make your work stand out with Adobe Creative Cloud. Get access to over 20 creative apps from Adobe, including Photoshop and Premiere Pro for £16.24 per month, that’s almost 70% off.
- Amazon Prime Student – Get access to Amazon’s next-day delivery, video streaming service, unlimited listening on Prime Music, exclusive student deals, unlimited photo storage, and Kindle books, free for 6 months, then pay just £3.99, for 3 years.
A Totum card can be used as proof of age ID, campus life card and give you access to the best student discounts. it is recommended by the National Union of Students, so you know the offers are legit. You can sign up for 1, 2 or 3 years with prices starting at just £14.99 for a year.
These discounts are currently available to anyone with a valid NUS Totum card:
- Boohoo Man – You can currently get a 40% discount when you shop with Boohoo Man online.
- Schuh – Totum members can get up to 70% student discount. Whatever you’re looking for, trainers, sandals, boots, heels, they’ll have a deal on it.
- Co-op – Get 10% discount at the till when you show or swipe your card. The discount is available at 3,200+ stores, however, some Co-op societies do not accept Totum, so check before you go.
- Asos – The 10% discount is available to anyone with a student ID, but they sometimes advertise their best student discounts through Totum, with a short-term offer of 30% off seen this June (2022).
UNiDAYS is free to join and open to students at sixth form, college and university.
- Datacamp – Are you planning for a career in tech? You can learn all the data skills you’ll need to ensure that you are ahead of the rest after graduation. You can learn SQL, Python and Data Science through short videos and interactive exercises. A 50% discount is available at the time of writing.
- HP – Take advantage of discounts on laptops, monitors, printers, ink and computer accessories. Right now, there is up to 15% off laptops.
- Domino’s – At the time of writing, Domino’s are offering 35% off when you spend £25 online with either a Student Beans or UNiDAYS iD. There is also a ‘Two For Tuesdays’ offer available with UNiDAYS.
Student Beans is free to join, once you sign up for an account you can use it to verify your student status and get access to lots of the best student discounts online, which currently include:
- The Trainline – Unlock 20% off when you purchase your digital Railcard through Student Beans. All you need to do is get access to a discount code via Student Beans that you then use on the Trainline website.
- EE – New customers can get a 20% student discount plus 6 months free Apple Music, Arcade, News+ and TV+ on selected new phone or SIM only plans through EE. Make sure you check the website if you are already an EE customer, there are often special, seasonal offers specifically for existing users too.
- Currys Mobile Education Store – You can currently get an Apple iPhone 13 with unlimited data, texts & minutes for just £37.99 per month. To get the offer, you need to verify your student status through Student Beans which will then grant you access the Currys Mobile education store.
Luxury Student Homes:
You can also get access to hundreds of student deals through the Luxury Student Homes ‘NoPosit’ scheme. Once you’ve signed up and moved in you get access to our Vaboo discount portal. Average savings are approx. £400 per year, and if used effectively, you could be saving up to £900 per year!
These are some of the best student discounts currently available to our NoPosit residents:
- Sainsbury’s – Get £16 off your first online order, you can then save 5% on all your grocery shopping.
- Just Eat – Save 7% at your favourite local takeaways with a Just Eat instant voucher.
- Asda – Save 4% on all your purchases with an Asda instant voucher.
- Uber Eats – Save 4% at Uber Eats with an instant voucher.
- Hello Fresh – Do you and your housemates cook together? You can enjoy £15 off your first 4 boxes plus free delivery on your first box, a total saving of £65!
Check out our NoPosit page for more on the scheme info and our Vaboo page to see a sample of brands you can enjoy discounts on.